Your few questions would require in depth responses in order to give you the information you are seeking. We could talk for hours. Instead, may I suggest you go the NCCI Website / Overview Section / and read at very least Chapters 1 & 6 (other chapter may also be useful) and this will give you a good base of information to build on. Also on the NCCI Website is "NCCI Edits - Physicians" which shows what is bundled and could possibly be unbundled with a modifier.The NCCI weblink is:
Also, for your question regarding Global Periods I have attached the Medicare Relative Values Guide weblink which lists global periods for every procedure along with other useful information.
It's alot of reading but very essential information so that you understand the general coding concepts and guidelines.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join