I would consider that a review of past medical history. By definition the ROS should consist of the review of any current systems that patient has a complaint regarding. Stating that patient denies Crohns, etc.. does not constitute an ROS. The provider is not reviewing the GI system but merely stating that patient does not have a hx of Crohns. There are still a thousand other GI complaints/diagnosis that still could exist.
At my workplace we participate in monthly external audits and that would not fly as ROS with any auditor or coder that I know.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join