CPT MODIFIERS (Used in Medicare Part B)
The Multi-Carrier System (MCS) will now allow you to send up to four modifiers per line of service on your claims for both electronically submitted and paper claims. Please indicate the pricing modifiers in the first two positions and processing or informational modifiers in the third and fourth positions.
Use modifier 99 when more than four modifiers are needed on a line of service. In situations that require five or more modifiers, indicate modifier 99 in the first modifier field on the line of service and the remaining modifiers would be entered in the narrative field of an EMC claim or Item 19 of a 1500 claim form. For Example: 79, RT, LT, QU, GA
99 in the first modifier field on the line of service
79, RT, LT, QU, GA in the narrative field of an EMC claim or Item 19 of a 1500 claim form
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join