I am uncertain if my physician can bill this code if no abdominal incision is made.
He only uses vaginal incisions. My Ingenix coding companion indicates that an abdominal incision is used in this procedure, however, at the very end of their explanation it reads "The abdominal and/or vaginal incisions are closed with layered suture." which makes me think we can use this code even if no abdominal incisions are made.
Can anyone confirm that we can use this code?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join