Hello everyone - I have a CT surgeon that did some procedures in the CATH lab and left the introducer sheath in due to an elevated Pro-Time, the sheath was removed later that day in the OR. My question is: is there a CPT for removal of the sheath? If so, I would think it would be considered bundled on the same day. Usually the sheaths are removed in the CATH lab right after the procedure. This is the first time I have ever seen him do this. His reason for doing this was concerns for the patient. What do you all think? I am really curious about the CPT for removal of the sheath.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join