hmm.. I dont think I would use 13100 as that is not for foreign body removal, thats a complex repair.
I also do not see a graft so 11762 would not be appropriate.
The excision of the scar, to me, was his exposure to the foreign material and therefore would not be coded seperately.
I'm thinking along the lines of 11750 for removal of the nail and matrix.
and perhaps 10120 for the foreign body
See what you think.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join