the issue of two seperate docs is not a problem. You will just code and bill each case seperately.
NOW for those notes
The first note APPEARS to be a stellate block.
The second one...well I would burn it...lol just kidding.
Carpal tunnel is well documented..so ok to 64721.
The manipulation however is garbage (pardon my slang attitude today)...He states he manipulated all joints in the hand. Thats not going to get it. He needs to be more specific because the manipulation codes the the hand (IP joints) are for each joint which is potentially 15 codes (IP,PIP,DIP x 5 fingers..but good luck getting them all paid). I dont get the manipulation of the forearm...did he just massage the arm? there is nothing the forearm itself to manipulate, it had to be either at the elbow or the wrist...not somewhere in between. If its the wrist, then its probably going to bundle with the carpal tunnel, but you can check the CCI Edits.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join