Possibly your former employer can still pay you at your previous hourly rate (if you still are performing the same job) and then when it comes time to renew your contract you can re-negotiate from there.
Since you will be contracted you need to buy Professional Liability Ins for yourself. You can get PLI through Marsh. I think AAPC has them listed under member benefits on their website. I think I paid $385 or something like that for single (1 person) coverage per year.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join