Hello list members...
Thanks for helping me with this chart note, as I've been researching just exactly what would be the appropriate way to code 66612, and 66213 and whether or not to use modifier 50. Have seen a lot being sent out without the modifier, and would like group input on the following note: This chart note accompanies other procedures that were done the same day. Tricare is the insurance. Physician is a neurologist who specializes in headache treatments.
.T: Botox injections
Patient was consented for injection of Botox. The risks of the procedure were explained to him. The following muscles were injected:
Procerus one injection at 5 units
Corrugator 2 injections on the left side, each injection 2.5 units
Frontalis 7 injections on the left side, each injection 2.5 units
Temporalis 3 injections on the left side, each injection 5 units
Occipitalis 2 injections on the left side, each injection 5 units
Splenius capitis (base of skull) one injection on the right side at 20 units
(EMG guidance was used for injection of splenius capitis on the right.)
Trapezius (anterior margin) 3 injections on the right side, each injection 5 units
Levator scapulae 2 injections on the left side, each injection 10 units
(EMG was utilized for injection of left levator scapulae.)
Auriculotemporal region one injection on the left side at 2.5 units
Total Botox units used: 110 units
Patient tolerated the procedure well and no complications were noted.
And yes, I am aware that we do not code for the number of injections!
Suzanne E. Byrum CPC-A(always a student!)
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join