1) Make sure your cardiologists are properly credentialed for their specialty. If they carry dual-certification (e.g. Internal Medicine and Cardiology) that may be part of the problem.
2) Yes, the clinic visit will be "rolled" into the admit. However ... it's possible if the two MDs are of distinctly different specialties that MD # 1's clinic visit may be separately reportable (e.g. MD #1 is a dermatologist; MD # 2 is a cardiologist).
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join