I have been coding PT for a long time and the Dexamethosone is considered a component of Ionto and is bundled and should not be billed separately to some insurances. Out of our 16 contracted carriers all but two carriers would bundle the Dex. Our billing office called each carrier to see why we were getting the denial and we made a listing from there. Iontophoresis as you may know is not covered by Medicare and we therefore advised patients and used and ABN if they still wanted the treatment. Some payors will even pay for the ionto pads too. Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join