I am asking if anyone knows how to actually bill for suboxone treatments-the guidelines. We have a Family practitioner who is specially trained for suboxone treatment.
He initially sees patient and does a consultation. For the next 2 days he has the patient come back in and and he takes his vitals and administers suboxone sublingually - he is monitoring the patient's medication.
He continues seeing the patient once a week for approximately 6 weeks. My question is how to bill for all of this. Should we bill for the intial visit and continue billing for office visits after that? Should it be considered counseling visits? Please help me. I do not know where to look for the guidelines. I would appreciate anyones help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join