This seems to be a payor specific issue. The best way to address it is to see why the payor denied payment (are there reason codes or an explanation for the denial?) for the 2nd 90472. Perhaps their policy is 2 vaccine administrations per day (visit) or maybe they suspect that 2 of the vaccines were a combo vax and therefore only agree to pay the single injection. The possibilities can vary; only the payor can explain or give rational as to why they denied payment. Once they give you the reason for the denial then you can explore as to whether or not they will pay if a modifier were appended and the rational behind appending the modifier.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join