Whether to bill two units of J2993 would depend on the dosage of each infusion. The HCPCS code states J2993 is for 18.1 mg. You would need to check the dosage administered to determine the correct amount of units. Whether to bill the IV infusion twice would depend upon whether the IV was removed and replaced (unlikely), in which case you would bill X2 or simply left in, in which case you would only bill once (more likely). Read documentation carefully to abstract above information.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join