I'm assuming she is speaking about complications of pregnancy, childbirth,and the puerperium.
diagnosis codes for pregnancy often have 5 digits.
example 655.0 CNS malformation could end in a 0,1, or 3 as this is a fetal problem not maternal.
655.00 is unspecified as to the episode of care
655.01 is delivered w/ or w/o mention of antepartum complication
655.03 is antepartum condition or complication.
Postpartum complications during the same admission as the delivery should end in a 2. Those not during the same admit should end in a 4. Those ending in 1 have no pp complication to mention.
Hope this helps. if not, please provide more history about your problem/question.
for example 675.0 infection of the nipple during same admit for Twin delivery
You could have your diagnosis code of 651.01 and 675.02
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join