Hello everyone ,
I need help to figure out what is the correct way to code and bill the MRI IAC ( internal Auditory Canal ) when I have both the MRI of brain and IAC's requested by the refering physician .
I have some documentation from AMA stating that if "two separate and distinct MRI studies are performed (brain and IACs) it would be apropriate to code brain twice with a modifier -59 appended to the second study" , but as we all know starting this year Medicare does only accept one 70553 the other will get denied . My question it is : is there anywhere a documentation regarding the billing of IAC's that I can use when billing/coding?.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join