Typically, you would not report these together. However, you can report these when the disc is removed and the MD removes posterior osteophytes in addition to decompressing the spinal cord/nerve roots. This procedure is deemed extra work than that of the nomal PLIF. Also, remember to add modifier 59 to 63047. The surgeon needs to dictate clear documenation that these two procedures were separate.
I work for a Neurosurgery practice and this is one I do see. I hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join