AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the pay range for remote coding?

AAPC: Back to School
    Quote Originally Posted by Icode4U View Post
    I contract code. I make $27.50 per hour. The remote positions that I have seen also pay at the very least $18.00 per hour
    Would you mind sharing what company you work for?

I am also interested in a remote coding job like yours do you wish to share the company's info that I can contact them. thxs.

Utica, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Icode4U View Post
    I contract code. I make $27.50 per hour. The remote positions that I have seen also pay at the very least $18.00 per hour
    Do you mind if I ask what company or at least what state you work in?

Nassau Central New York Chapter

about 8% - 10% of amount paid on a claim.

New York, NY

whom do you code for to make this much. I am also looking for remote coding and recently got laid off last October 2009. Please email me at shannon.saal.evans@gmail.com

I also do remote contract coding. One position is dual e/m auditor and fraud investigator and pays $30 an hour. Other position pays $35 an hour and type of work fluctuates from fraud reviews, auditing and ICD-9 coding. It all depends on the company you work for, their location and years of previous experience ( I have 12) and how many credentials.
    Neither of the companies I work for are hiring. I just wanted to share some other pay ranges that are out there.

Best of luck to you all.
    Kelly Long CPC, CFE
    Manager Audit and Compliance

Hi all,

What is actually remote coding? Is that working from home. I have four years of exp in coding, auditing working in a good company. I am residing in India. Please tell us the possibilities..I want to work from home as a part-time.

Default Cpc-h

I work for a company in CA that pays $17 per hour and they are awesome to work for

HI I Code4U,

I'm interesting in doing some contract coding as well. Could you share the name of the company that you work for ?
    I would greatly appreciate any information you may provide.

Just a heads up...MedAssurant makes you sign a non compete, meaing you an't do similar work for any other company, but pays (atleast when I applied) $18/hr. Outcomes Inc, pays by the chart, but between the high page count on most charts, horrible training, even worse email communication, and the inability to keep its remote coders in loop, the per chart rate isn't worth it. I spend more of my time just getting them to tell me something or check my email for charts then I actaully do coding. Both of the companies are MA risk adjustment coding (HCC and Rx HCC) really dry and boring stuff and not really coding as far as I'm concerned. I mean it is but if you're looking for experience, you'll lose all you previous knowledge of CPT and modifiers. Remote coding for Outcomes should be a last resort for any coder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast