AAPC - Back to school
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the pay range for remote coding?

Default 3.50 per id request? does this mean by chart?

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi I'm negotiating pay with a company that I'm going to be doing remote coding for. This is my first job as a remote coder. Does $3.50 per ID request mean by chart? I'm going to ask them. I just want others opinion and since this is the first time I'm taking this on..I'm new to all the wording of the contracts.

Pay is going to vary, I have worked for a few different companies. Some paid by chart, some hourly, some I was a 1099 and others as a W2. Pay will also vary by specialty, ED charts tend to be quick, so the pay is less with high productivity requirements. Inpatient charts are more difficult and time consuming, so they pay more.

I am currently a PRN inpatient coder making $30 an hour.

Cordelia, CCS, CPC

Default ANyone willing to share contact info for remote companies?

Would anyone be willing to share contact information for remote coding companies?

Detroit, MI 31312

I have made anywhere from $2.50 -$8.00 a chart, most of the ones I code for are hourly and I make/made anywhere from $23.00 - $34.00 an hr
    Stephanie Phillips, CPC-H

Default Remote coding pay

I work as a remote coder part time for 2 different companies. For one of the companies I receive $20 per hour. My other job pays $23 per hour doing the same job as an HCC coder. It really depends on the company, you can negoitiate a higher rate of pay with experience.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

1. CPC-A pay range????
    By kabaldwin in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 06:22 AM
  2. Pay range Central Iowa?
    By bbooks in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 07:32 AM
  3. Remote coding pay ??
    By cpccoder2008 in forum Employment General Discussion