Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is the pay range for remote coding?

Default What is the pay range for remote coding?
    Exam Training Packages
    I am thinking about doing some part time remote coding but I'm wondering what the pay ranges are so that I know what to expect. Is it per chart or by the hour??? I'm curently working in-office.

Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Melissa

I believe most part-time positions pay by the chart. In my experience it is usually pretty meager. Or, if the per chart pay is higher, it is usually b/c their type of coding takes forever. Full time can be either per chart or by the hour.

Anyone else have any input regarding remote coding?: What is an acceptable salary for remote coding?

confused:

Default Remote Coding Salaries
    Pay for remote coding varies depending on whether you would be coding inpatient or outpatient (inpatient usually pays more, but takes longer to code). Pay for Specialty coding is usually higher than say for Family Practice too. Depending on complexity, I have seen it range from $2 per chart to $8 per chart. If paid hourly, sometimes depends on your geographic location but usually ranges from $18hr on up depending on years of experience.
    Hope this helps
    ScottShar

i work remotely and I make $5 a chart. $8 for inpatient. it isn't that much but the more charts I do the more I make. Honestly, sometimes it feels like it isn't work the time if you have charts that are over 100 pages but sometimes you get lucky and have a chart that is 10 pages. Besides...these days, just having a job is pretty darn lucky!!! I think I would do it for a $1!!!!

Default RE:
    I get paid $2.15 to $2.75 per date of service depending on which contract I'm working on. This is for E&M's only.

Tammy
    Last edited by deja53; 05-12-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaCCS-P View Post
    I am thinking about doing some part time remote coding but I'm wondering what the pay ranges are so that I know what to expect. Is it per chart or by the hour??? I'm curently working in-office.

Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Melissa
    Hi - remote coding pay depends on the company you work for......and the type of chart you are coding. Sometimes it's hourly and sometimes it's per chart. I prefer the hourly!
    Sandra A Richardson, RHIT, CPC
    sar219@charter.net

Default Remote coding
    I contract code. I make $27.50 per hour. The remote positions that I have seen also pay at the very least $18.00 per hour

Default Who do you work for
    i NEED A JOB LIKE YOURS, GOT THE INSIDE TRACK????
    ceba

Which company do you work for? Am trying to find a reputable one to do this remote coding. Daley

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast