I never went to school, so I don't know the answer to that part, but yes the AAPC will send you a formal packet with a "press release" (letter you gave give to potential employers), frameable certificate, and other goodies.
Also, I simply logged into my account on AAPC's website and printed out the page which showed "passed". I took this page to my employer and that worked for me. It shouldn't take long for the official packet to arrive, though. Congratulations!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join