I don't know if this is the best way or not but I can tell you how one of my surgical groups utilize their PAs.
The PA does the inpatient consults and they are billed under the PAs number. They also see follow-up visits in the office billed incident to under the doctor. Additionally they are used as assistant surgeons for procedures and billed under their own numbers with appropriate modifiers.
Oh, forgot to mention, this is in a cardiovascular practice.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join