Since the patient has Medicare, you should review your Local Coverage Determination (LCD). Our carrier is WPS and they will cover removal of the implant with diagnosis 996.54 for example. Please note that while the removal of the implant may be covered regardless of whether the implant was placed for reconstructive or cosmetic purposes. They probably won't cover placing a new implant if it is being performed for cosmetic purposes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join