I am a little unsure about this.
A D&C of cervix was done first. After that, a physician used a laparoscope and excised an ovarian cyst at its base then the cyst was also removed and the base was cauterized. Cyst was sent to pathology.
Do I code 57800 and 58661? I am not sure if 58661 is removal of the ovarian cyst, it seems that this code is for the removal of the ovary?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join