Rule of thumb is, use 58661 if any part of the ovary is excised along with the cyst. If just the cyst is removed, 58662.
Not sure what a "D&C of the cervix" is - never heard of it. Perhaps you mean ECC - endocervical curretage? The code you have listed (58700) is reported when instruments are used to dilate a cervix (usually because it is stenotic) - and anyway, it is a CPT separate procedure and so not reportable here based on the info you have provided.
Hope this helps,
Patricia CPC COBGC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join