Per CPT Corner September 2007:
Q:If a fat injection is performed, should I use 1195X or 15770?
Codes 11950-11954 ("subcutaneous injecton of fililng material") are generally used for "off the shelf" injectables (e.g. collagen). They do not require a donor site of preparation of a graft. An autogenous fat graft requires a donor site, perparaton of the fat tissue, then injection into the recipient site. 15770 better reflects the expertise and physician time and work in performing fat grafts tahn does the 1195X series.
Since the descriptor for 15770 reads "Graft derma-fat-fascia," append modifier -52 to indicate taht the graft does not include dermis or fascia.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join