There are some but it is not common. The expectation for a home based coder is much higher than that normally found in an office setting. There is typically more testing done prior to consideration of employment, and then the expectation is so high that it is difficult for an experienced coder to meet the productivity expectation. I have found that most remote coders code using a brief narrative description or by the assessment and plan. This is not the proper way to code. The entire document should be assessed prior to assigning codes to the service.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join