No, we bill with the outpt E&M codes with a -25 and the 93010 and get paid. We have a similar situation where our Drs provide EKGs where we do not own the equipment.
I do have issues when they get a new coder. If they bill with a 93000 and their bill gets to the insurance company first then they will not cover your 93010 since it is included. They need to be billing with 93005. I have had to help educate a few times.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join