I work for a General Surgery practice, and a discussion between me and my coworker recently came up that I would like everyones opinion on. We have a patient that was seen for a breast mass, and subsequently had a breast biopsy done, which came back positive for breast cancer. Our surgeon has seen the patient again and would like to bill a E&M code during the post operative period, suggesting that since it is a new diagnosis code (breast mass vs breast cancer) this can be done with modifier 24. Any thoughts?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join