Based on the information you provided, the only code you can bill is 92980 - stent placement. You cannot bill for a heart cath or coronary angio, or renal angiograpy as it is not supported in the report. Since the PTCA and Stent were performed in the same artery, RCA or RC, you can only bill for the Stent as the PTCA is bundled into the Stent. This is explained in the medicine section in the CPT book
Unfortunately you cannot bill for imaging of the femoral sheath unless you find stenosis, lesions or occlusions. if you are imaging the sheath to visualize the artery this is considered "mapping or road mapping" and you cannot separately bill for it.
If you have the full report I would be more than happy to help you code it.
Sorry, I couldnt be of more help,
Dolores, CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join