To me, it looks like the parent IS reporting a subjective complaint of a febrile illness, either current or recent.
Reported by parent."
Maybe they kept the child out for a day or two and now, in light of the current scare with H1N1, the daycare is requesting the docs statement clearing them to go back. What I don't see in your note is the assesment and plan. It appears the child has no obvious physical findings related to illness at present, but any parent can tell you that a child can run fever and still be running around playing. (especially in the doctor's office waiting room !!)
I would look at the rest of the note for the A/P. If I had to choose from the two V codes suggested, I would probably go with the first rather than the second. On the other hand, if the parent truly was reporting fever, then I would probably code it as such since that appears to actually be the CC.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join