We are having a debate in our office regarding whether or not we can bill for surgical assistant fees for a CST with modifier AS in the state of Illinois vs. whether she needs to be a CFA or CSA. Also, can we use the modifier 82 for her in a teaching hospital or is that modifier only for physicians? Any help would be greatly appreciated.