AAPC - Back to school

Thread: A good Ob/Gyn Resource needed

Default A good Ob/Gyn Resource needed

AAPC: Back to School
    I am starting a new job in a few weeks that will be a not so quite familiar coding area to me....ob/gyn. I have been working in a mainly E/M auditing position and assisting with ICD-9 coding in the areas of oncology. I would like to find a good resource to brush up on ob/gyn coding, any suggestions? I have my PMCC book and was going to read up on it in there, but would like to familiarize myself with it more than just the one chaper in that book.

Kansas City, MO

If you are new to OB/Gyn coding I would highly recommend getting the OB/GYN CODING MANUAL: Components of Correct Procedural Coding from ACOG. You can order it from their website www.acog.org I love the layout and it has a lot of good information that we use when we are dealing with denials.
    Angela Jordan, CPC
    AAPC of Kansas City
    National Advisory Board Representative Region 5

Medical Revenue $olutions
    Senior Managing Consultant

Similar Threads

1. Good E&M resource
    By twizzle in forum E/M
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2015, 11:12 AM
  2. Good resource for coding Colonoscopies?
    By bmore in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM
  3. Looking for good ob/gyn reference guide
    By lorijmcc in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 09:39 AM
  4. FT OB/GYN Coder needed
    By muthershyp in forum Job Postings
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 02:31 PM