You can bill it as a regular established office visit E/M code as the CPT book states "counseling or coordination of care with other providers or agencies are provided consistent with the nature of the problem(s) and the patient's and or the family's needs. Physican's typically spend ____ minutes face-to-face with the patient and/or family." Since the patient may or may not be there, this would have to strictly be a time based coding with careful documentation of the time started, detailed documentation about what was discussed, and the time ending. Diagnosis of the patient's condition will also need to be documented. Now just because you bill it, depending on the carrier, does not necessarily mean you'll get paid.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join