I inquired with ACOG about the Amnisure as well, here is the response I received:
This is in response to your email of January 26, 2009. You asked for information on Point of Care (POC)testing, but referred to Amnisure in your email subject line.
There is no specific CPT-4 code for the amniotic fluid swab test (Amnisure). The swab test is considered a minimal procedure and would be included as part of the pelvic exam.
Thank you for your patience. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Donna Tyler, CPC-A, COBGC
ACOG Dept. of Health Economics/Coding & Nomenclature
409 12th Street, SW | Washington, DC 20024-2188
Fax: 202.484.7480 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join