We have about 20 providers (doctors, NP's, and PA's) and 4 specialties. We have 3 coders and 1 electronic biller. As coders we do the posting of office and hospital charges, A/R, appeals, and post payments. We answer patient billing questions and also do refunds to insurances and patients. I am getting tired just typing it. LOL! I guess it would depend on what your job entails and if the doctors do any of their own coding. Our doctors do their own coding so that is a tremendous help. If you have other duties besides coding and have to review all of the documentation and assign the appropriate codes, I would definitely be getting more help.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join