In our facility our Coding and Reimbursment Supervisor had this list I'm not sure where it came from from but it is very helpful. I believe this is based off CMS.
Short Cuts fot ROS:
"Except as aboe, all other systems were reviewe and are negative."
"All sysems are complete and negative."
"No pertinent positives out of all systems reviewed"
Short Cuts that do not meet criteria:
"ROS is unremarkable."
"the ROS is non-contributory"
"ROS - negative"
With what your doctor documented I would either query him to clarrify which systems he did review or not count it at all.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join