Mild scoliosis

Default Mild scoliosis
    Exam Training Packages
    If a physician diagnosis scoliosis during a well child and then prescribes a scoliosis series, can you code a CPT 99211 with modifier 25 in addition to the well visit or is it considered part of the well visit.

Thank You
    daniel

I wouldn't code it in addition to the preventive unless it met the criteria for at least a 99212. A 99211 is usually a nurse visit and those aren't billed in addition to another E/M because those services are considered included. So it would depend on what was documented.
    Pam Tienter, CPC, COC, CPC-P, CCS-P, CPMA, CPC-I, AAPC Fellow
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
    AAPC National ICD-10-CM Trainer

Interesting, what held me back the most from coding an additional E/M to the Preventive visit is that, isn't screening for scoliosis part of the well child. So wouldn't this be part of the well child even if the physician documents enough for a additional E/M.

feedback
    thank you.

Yes, I definitely agree with you that it's part of the preventive and it sounds like just the preventive would be coded here. I think I was reading more into it than was necessary. Sorry to not actually address the question.
    Pam Tienter, CPC, COC, CPC-P, CCS-P, CPMA, CPC-I, AAPC Fellow
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
    AAPC National ICD-10-CM Trainer

Similar Threads

1. Need E/M Help with Scoliosis
    By ajhunsicker in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 12:25 PM
  2. Scoliosis
    By amylis1 in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 01:34 PM