My first thought was 22015. But, since your surgeon indicated..."There was nothing that seem to track deep to the muscle or fascial layer. It felt all superficial", 22015 doesn't seem to fit. Subfascial=below fascia. So...then it seems you're left with 10140 or 10060/61. I'm learning towards 10061 versus 10140. IMHO, I would query the physician so that he can decide which code meets the complexity of his procedure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join