Good luck finding a clear answer.
I have been researching this for awhile. There is a policy that clearly states aside from the decision for surgery all over visits during a medicare covered stay in which the surgery was done are included in the global fee.
When asked directly our carrier, WPSMedicare, danced around it and said that since the policy doesn't specifically address the time period between decision for surgery and the offical start of the global period, that we could try and bill for those services if they are medically necessary.
I wish I had a better answer to post and hopefully someone else will,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join