Anesthesia time begins when the anesthesia provider begins to prepare the patient for the induction of anesthesia in the operating room, procedure room or equivalent area. Due to the allowance of discontinuous time, time for block placement for regional anesthesia techniques and monitoring for retrobulbar block placement may also be included in the total case minutes. This time does NOT include time for the pre-anesthesia evaluation and generally does not include line time (although minutes for lines placed after induction do not need to be deducted as this should be an exception and not a usual occurrence).
The ASA Relative Values Guide further defines anesthesia time.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join