I am not sure where you will find the support other than what you have with the CCI edits but .. you may not bill for a diganostic procedure when it is followed by a definitive procedure, like a diagnostic arthroscope and a definitive open procedure. This is very common is a lot of ortho practices to use a scope to sort of scope it out (sorry could not resist!) and then determine if an arthroscopic or open procedure is the ticket. If the did the repair via the scope you would not bill for the diagnostic and the repair. The reason it is modifiable is if you did an the scope for the other knee or other area for a totally different reason. I hope this has been of some assistance to you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join