When I worked at the cancer center there was a bulletin circulated that stated you cannot charge any E&M on the same day as any chemo infusion service. I have also read this since from the CMS website that if the patient is being seen for the purpose of chemo infusion the that is the only code you may bill as the supervision is included with the infusion code. You would have to have documentation from the physician of a significant evaluation apart from the chemo.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join