We are having a little dispute in our office amongst us coders and I was just wondering if anyone out there had any insight.
I have always coded V58.69 for long term use of any medication not covered under the other 5th digit classifications. I am now being challenged on this and being told this code only covers High Risk Medications.
Any thoughts on this? Has this situation risen in your practices? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!
Vicki Colby, CPC
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join