AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Stress Testing

Default Stress Testing

AAPC: Back to School
    I am new to coding cardiology and need help please. My physician (Dr. A)owns stress testing equipment. We normally bill a complete 93015.
    Another physician the the professional building and in separate practice, (Dr. B.) and my Dr. A have agreed to let Dr. B use the equipment for his patients and he will bill for the eval and interp.
    TC is not a valid modifier for the stress test. What codes are used for the use of the equipment, etc. Then, what codes would be used for Dr. B for being present during the test, interp and eval?

Since Dr. A owns the equipment and is letting Dr. B use the equipment, Dr. A would bill 93017 - tracing or use of the equipment. Dr. B can only bill for supervison and interpretation; 93016 & 93018.

I hope this helped.

Dolores, CPC,CCC

I agree.

Maryann, CPC

Thank you both so very much!

Let me understand this, if our Doctor is using the equipment at any other clinic/hospital
    then they bill 93016 and 93018 with no modifer?

Default Same day stress echo and nuclear stress

#1 Is there "same day" bundling? For example doing an equivical stress echo and then proceding with Nuc stress test the same day in the office.

#2 When documenting for vascular ultrasound; does the diagnosis ("leg pain") need to be in the A/P or ROS part of the doctor's notes?

#3 Can you bill 93320 & 93325 with 93351, same day for stress echo?

Thanks for any information anyone can give!

I agree with Deeva. It should be codded 93016 and 93018.

Default Incomplete Doppler Echocardiography

I'm new to cardiology and need some help. One of our docs did a doppler echography, he was unable to get any readings on a patient. He is calling this an incomplete doppler, if it was not due to equipment malfunction, would it be billed with a modifier 53?