Are you billing for the professional or technical component? If you are billing for the professional component, where was the study performed as an outpatient hosptial 22, or inpatient hosptial 21, independent clinic 49 (see page 2 of CPT to determine the place of service. Was this single study a rest or stress? If it was a stress test, and you are billing the physician whom read the continuous EKG see code 93018, if you are billing for the facility see code 93016, if the procedure was performed in a free standing clinic and you provided both portions of the procedure, see code 93015. Was a right sided ejection fraction done see code 78496. If you are billing for the facitliy, see the level II series HCPCs codes ie. Technetium A9538 or A9560.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join