This edit just became effective 4/1/09. And yes, crazy as it is, you are correct per current NCCI instruction, you would bill the 20552 only. This edit is probably why we have been seeing more posts regarding TPI denials.
This edit does not make sense as, while I have seen them billed during the same session, they are very different procedures treating very different diagnosis and usually different body areas.
I am going to and encourage others to send a letter or comment of dispute to the NCCI and hopefully we can get it overturned. The contact information is available on the NCCI Overview page.
Thank you for bring this to our attention.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join