You can only bill a consult if you meet the requirements, ie another request for opinion would be necessary to charge another consult.
If your provider is consulted on an inpatient then has the patient follow up with him outpatient, you bill established codes.
Place of service is only an issue on the inpatient side for medicare (and carriers that follow medicare guidelines), you can only have 1 consult per stay per provider regardless of how many requests you get.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join