Can someone help with me with this. the provider i bill for he asked me if you can use consults codes-99254-55 & 99244-45 be used within a 30 day period even if location changes: outpatient to inpt or 1 hospital to another. does he bill for follow up codes or can he bill for another consultation codes since the patient has moved. From what i read that you may bill for another consultation code if the patient is in a different facility or being seen for another problem not releated to the first consultation request. Any other information would be big help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join