Procedure: A Temno biopsy device was advanced into a soft tissue collection at the lateral aspect of the subtrochanteric femur utilizing CT guidance. The soft tissue abnormality was not fluid filled but was, in fact solid. Aspiration through the Temno introducer yielded only a small amount of blood tinged fluid which was placed in a culturette tube. Then, the 14 g Temno device was used to obtain core samples, which were placed in 3 separate sterile vials to be sent for AFB, cell count, gram stain and culture. The needles were removed, the skin entry site cleaned and a sterile bandage applied.
What would be the approproate CPT code for CT guided core biopsy of a soft tissue collection in the lateral aspect of the proximal left thigh.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join