I am guessing you are wanting to bill the subsequent care days under the doctor since they are done in a split/share setting.
In order to do that your notes need to support that both doctor and pa provided face to face care on the date of service in question. I don't know if there is any particular way that is better than another to do that, but I would think they would be looking at each others notes so as not to duplicate work. As long as you can prove they were both face to face with the patient at some point during the day all the documentation for both providers can be counted together and billed under the doctor.
I am always leary in telling a provider how to document. I feel they need to do what is necessary and document what they did, if they duplicate work, so be it.
Hope this is helpful,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join