Like you I dont want to beat a dead horse. Everyone can take the information that has been provided and make the decision for themself if its worth the risk.
Personally, I have been coding ortho for 18 years, there is not an official source that has said its okay, therefore I will continue to follow the AMA on this. I'd love to see my docs get paid for it, but legally. I'm not willing to risk it and never been dinged in an audit for not doing billing it.
my last two cents on the subject
Mary, CPC, COSC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join